Say “Yes” to NoSQL for .NET SQL Developers
Fully managed NoSQL with Azure CosmosDB
The presentation includes an in-depth overview of NoSQL, including common NoSQL “flavors” such as key/value pair, document, graph, and column-based databases. I then demonstrate how these databases are implemented using the fully managed Azure CosmosDB. The presentation includes demonstrations of several types of database, a dive into the portal to examine partition keys at work (and why they are important for partition-optimized queries) and lots of .NET and .NET Core source code.
Download the full deck ⬇ here.
View the presentation here.
Let me know what your thoughts, feedback, suggestions and questions are in the comments below!
🔗 Get started with Azure Cosmos DB for free (no credit card required).
- Create a Serverless Angular App with Azure Functions and Blob Storage (Azure)
- Getting Behind the 9-Ball: Cosmos DB Consistency Levels Explained (NoSQL)
- Herding Cattle with the Azure Container Service (ACS) (Azure)
- Introduction to Cloud Storage for Developers (Azure)
- JSON and the MongoDB Driver for the .NET Developer (Mongodb)