Get Started with CosmosDB SQL API
Launch your first .NET project in under five minutes
CosmosDB is a globally distributed, multi-model document database. Multi-model empowers you to choose the API you will use to interact with the database.
As of this writing, there are five supported models:
The easiest way to get started is to follow the excellent quick start document. To make it even easier, I recently spent some time in the Channel 9 studios to record this walk through that demonstrates CosmosDB with the SQL (formerly DocumentDB) API in less than five minutes.
The portal has changed a little since I recorded this (Cassandra was added and the DocumentDB interface renamed to SQL API) but otherwise you should be able to follow along to get up and running in minutes.
Learn more about CosmosDB by reading the official CosmosDB documentation.
- Azure Cosmos DB With EF Core on Blazor Server (Azure)
- Azure Event Grid: The Whole Story (Cloud)
- Moving From Lambda ƛ to Azure Functions <⚡> (Cloud)
- My New Role as Senior Program Manager for .NET Data (NoSQL)
- Play the Chaos Game to Understand WebAssembly Memory Management (Programming)
- The Year of Angular on .NET Core, WebAssembly, and Blazor: 2019 in Review (Azure)